About this position
As a Merapar employee you will be able to work flexibly and cooperate on interesting and challenging technical projects with like-minded team members based not only in Belgium but our location in the Netherlands. As a relatively new European services business and with a growing Belgian based operation you will have the opportunity to assist the team in developing and shaping Merapar as a great place to work, whilst delivering real value to our clients. Being prepared to travel to our clients' offices is important however we are happy to support our people working from home where appropriate and provide an excellent suite of tools to enable virtual collaboration.
The people who work for Merapar are our primary asset and we encourage and invest in training and certification, e.g. in AWS technologies and Agile methodologies. We believe in Agile management and development principles and actively support our self-organising teams.
We value adaptability, commitment and ingenuity, so if you are someone who relishes new challenges and wishes to be in a dynamic environment, working with lots of different clients and on many different projects with the latest technologies, then Merapar is the business for you.
About this position
As a Merapar Developer you will work closely with our clients and development teams to deliver innovative software that provides genuine business value. You will join a skilled and motivated team, hit the ground running and think on your feet. We offer flexibility and freedom in return for passion and commitment.
We are looking for both Mid-level and Senior Developers who will have
If you also have Front-End development experience or are interested in gaining this experience we would love to hear from you.
If this job does not look like a perfect fit but you like our vision and think you have something to offer, check out our other vacancies or get in touch for an informal chat.
- Be part of our development team developing cutting edge distributed software systems
- Work with our European colleagues in project implementation,
- Define and develop microservices and cloud-based systems,
- Design and implement features in an agile development environment
- Be responsible for the correct execution of functional and non-functional test cases/test procedures.
You should have
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering or a Computing related subject
- Experience as a software developer in an agile environment using multiple languages.
- Knowledge and some experience of cloud development, preferably AWS.
- Knowledge and some experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Development, Behaviour Driven Development.
- An ability to propose improvement suggestions, identify and solve problems.
- An open-mind and a natural curiosity for new technologies
- Excellent knowledge of English with first-rate verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding of security, scalability and resilience
- Experience in leading and mentoring junior team members is desirable
What we offer
- We offer a constantly evolving environment and challenging projects over a wide range of clients
- We are an innovative international company, so there may be opportunities to work in a different country or different technical domain in the future
- We are deeply committed to investing in our teams, we want to support your development and help you maximise your career opportunities
- We offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours and attractive benefit packages
This is a full-time position based in Belgium.
You should be prepared to travel within Belgium and be prepared to work on-site at the client’s premises on the occasions that the assignment requires it. Occasional European travel to our offices in Netherlands or Poland is also likely to be needed.
Do you think this is interesting and are you eager to hear more? Great! Just click ’Apply now’ below and we’ll invite you for a cup of coffee!