We provide custom agile software development, integration services and consultancy where expertise, speed and quality come as standard. Reassuringly, Merapar is an Advanced Consulting Partner with the number one cloud technology provider, Amazon Web Services. Our highly-experienced teams have a proven track record in building secure, scalable and flexible back-end solutions
About this position
As a Java developer at Merapar you will build great software, share knowledge and find new ways to solve problems together. You will join a skilled and motivated team, hit the ground running and think on your feet. We offer flexibility and freedom in return for passion and commitment.
What’s in it for you?
- You will work with microservices based systems. This includes, for example, the communication with other services using REST or Message Queues (RabbitMQ, gRPC, JSON, Protocol Buffers, MessagePack, Avro)
- Moreover processing data and implementing features will be one of your tasks (XML, XSLT, JSON)
- Responsible for quality assurance, documentation and problem analysis (e.g. Pact, Design-by-Contract and REST Docs)
- Correct execution of functional and non-functional test cases / test procedures (including understanding of test purpose, correlation of test results)
You may be a good fit if
- You have a degree in Computer Science and already some relevant work experience in this area
- You bring experience and find Java and Cloud Computing (Amazon AWS) competencies (Spring Framework, Java7 and Java8) very interesting
- You have an interest in CD/CI (Maven, Gradle, Jenkins) and Cloud Computing (AWS)
- Experience with Docker and NodeJS is beneficial
- You have a good knowledge of English (speak/read/write)
- You are open-minded and curious about new technologies
- You are able to identify and solve problems and propose improvement suggestions
What we offer you
- A constantly evolving environment and challenging projects over a wide range of clients
- A lot of variation in a growing, challenging and innovative international company
- An investment in our human capital, we support development and career opportunities
- A competitive salary and benefit packages
What if you don’t tick all these boxes, but you still like what you see? Just click ’Apply Now’ below and we’ll invite you for a cup of coffee!