About this position
As a Merapar Lead Developer you will work closely with our clients and development teams to deliver innovative software that provides genuine business value. You will join a skilled and motivated team, hit the ground running and think on your feet. We offer flexibility and freedom in return for passion and commitment.
If this job does not look like a perfect fit but you like our vision and think you have something to offer, check out our other vacancies or get in touch for an informal chat.
What you will do
● Lead the development of cutting edge distributed software systems
● Drive the uptake of new tools and technologies, introducing them to projects where appropriate
● Coach and motivate others in your team, listen and share knowledge
● Act as a bridge between our development teams and clients, often technical to non-technical
● Act as the architect on smaller projects or work with an architecture team on large projects
● Make sure the functional and non-functional requirements are met and the right level of documentation is in place
You should have
● A Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering or a Computing related subject
● Substantial experience as a software developer in an agile environment.
● Excellent cloud knowledge, preferably AWS (certification is desirable).
● Hands on experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Development, Behaviour Driven Development
● A strong understanding of security, scalability and resilience and how to ensure these non-functional requirements are met
● The ability to identify and solve problems and work with minimal guidance and direction
● An open-mind and a natural curiosity for new technologies
● Excellent knowledge of English with first-rate verbal and written communication skills
● Ideally published blog posts and/or contributed to open source projects
● Experience in leading and mentoring junior team members is desirable
What we offer
We offer a constantly evolving environment and challenging projects over a wide range of clients
We are an innovative international company, so there may be opportunities to work in a different country or different technical domain in the future
We are deeply committed to investing in our teams, we want to support your development and help you maximise your career opportunities
We offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours and a
This is a full-time position based in the UK. Because we do not currently have a UK office, you are able to work from home as appropriate but prepared to commute to clients on a regular basis when required
You should be prepared to travel within the UK and Europe and be prepared to work on-site at the client’s premises if the assignment requires it