About this position
As a Lead Java Developer at Merapar you will inspire your team to build great software, share knowledge and find new ways to solve problems together. You will join a skilled and motivated team, hit the ground running and think on your feet. We offer flexibility and freedom in return for passion and commitment.
What’s in it for you?
- You will define and develop microservices based systems. This includes, for example, the communication with other services using REST or Message Queues (RabbitMQ, gRPC, JSON, Protocol Buffers, MessagePack, Avro)
- Moreover processing data and implementing features will be your core tasks (XML, XSLT, JSON)
- Responsible for quality assurance, documentation and problem analysis (e.g. Pact, Design-by-Contract and REST Docs)
- Correct execution of functional and non-functional test cases / test procedures (including understanding of test purpose, correlation of test results)
Who should respond?
- You have a degree in Computer Science and at least 2 years of relevant work experience in this area
- You bring wide experience with Java and Cloud Computing (Amazon AWS) competencies (Spring Framework, Java7 and Java8)
- You have developed APIs in the past
- CD/CI and Cloud Computing (Amazon) are your core competencies (Maven, Gradle, Jenkins)
- NoSQL Database experience (MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB and Redis)
- You are used to an agile development environment
- It would be beneficial if you have experience with Docker and NodeJS
- You are open-minded and curious about new technologies
- Ability to propose improvement suggestions and identify and solve problems
- Good knowledge of English (speak/read/write)
What we offer
- We offer a flexible and constantly evolving environment where you will perform tests for a wide range of clients
- We offer a lot of variation in a growing, challenging and innovative international company
- We invest in our human capital, we support development and career opportunities
- We offer a competitive salary and benefit packages
What if you don’t tick all these boxes, but you still like what you see? Just click ’Apply Now’ below and we’ll invite you for a cup of coffee!