About this position
We help globally recognised brands deliver groundbreaking digital experiences to their customers. Merapar is a startup but our founding members come from leading media and TV companies and we are growing fast. TV is our first love, but we are rapidly expanding into new areas including IoT (Internet of Things), Data Management and Analytics.
As a Software Architect you will work with our clients and development teams to deliver innovative software in an Agile environment. You will help shape the projects of our clients and the fabric of our company during this exciting and dynamic phase in our journey. We offer flexibility and freedom in return for passion and commitment.
If this job does not look like a perfect fit but you like our vision and think you have something to offer, check out our other vacancies or get in touch for an informal chat.
...you're going to like this position if you:
- Lead the design and delivery of cutting edge distributed software systems
- Build relationships with our clients and drive new sales opportunities
- Coach and motivate others in the team, listen and share knowledge
- Act as a bridge between our development teams and clients, often technical to non-technical
- Design complex integrations and write technical documentation
- Learn new technologies, design patterns and processes, introducing them where appropriate
...you will be a fit for this position if you have:
- Substantial experience as a software architect and/or developer
- Hands-on cloud experience, preferably AWS
- The ability to identify and solve problems and work with minimal guidance and direction
- An open-mind and a natural curiosity for new technologies
- Familiarity with Continuous Delivery and Agile methodologies
- Excellent knowledge of English with first-rate verbal and written communication skills
- Ideally published blog posts and/or contributed to open source projects
- Experience in the Media industry is desirable but not essential
...you will receive a hero-cape when you:
- have a lot of cloud experience in your backpack
- want to share your knowledge with the rest of the company during our internal sharing moments, or as a presenter during our next Meetup
This is a full-time position based in Belgium.
You should be prepared to travel within Belgium and be prepared to work on-site at the client’s premises on the occasions that the assignment requires it. Occasional European travel to our offices in Netherlands or Poland is also likely to be needed.
Do you think this is interesting and are you eager to hear more? Great! Just click ’Apply now’ below and we’ll invite you for a cup of coffee!